If you have extra or unused tin cans in the kitchen, this activity is for you (really, for the kids). Instead of recycling your cans, have the little ones add a little Halloween flare on them by painting a zombie, ghost, pumpkin and other scary decorations on them. Once dry, stack the cans for a fun game of bowling.
Here is what you will need:
- Empty and cleaned tin cans, with the labels peeled off
- Acrylic or enamel paints (or tissue paper and PVA glue)
- Optional: white fabric scraps or an old children’s muslin
1. Begin by cleaning your tin cans and peeling all the paper off.
2. Paint your cans in your base color, use white for the ghost and mummy, black for the cat, purple for the zombie, green for the Frankenstein and orange for the jack O’lantern. If you do not have that many colors, focus on a set of three different designs and make two of each or make one design six times.
3. Once fully dry, start the details of the designs.
4. After the cans are dried, move on to white acrylics to paint the cats eyes and the zombie details first and then paint over it with the greens and yellows. Add any other details that you may like.
5. Stack them. Find a tennis ball and enjoy.