Be a fantastic host by making sure that your guest is comfortable during their stay at your home. Here are several ways to turn a spare room into the perfect guest room.
1. Make a comfortable place to sleep. “You want your guests to have a pleasant night’s sleep. Make sure you have a quality mattress, one that you’d be willing to sleep on. If you do not have a dedicated bed for guests, a nice air mattress can be very comfortable, too.” – Shannon, foxhollowcottage.com
2. Have clean linen. “Set out clean towels near their bed or bathroom area. Give them an extra blanket or two.” – Becky, organizingmadefun.blogspot.com
3. Set out reading material. “Set out a couple of current magazines or books they might enjoy reading before bed.” – Melissa, theinspiredroom.net
4. Add side table essentials. “It is a good idea to have an alarm clock and a box of tissues [available]. I also add a scented candle that freshens the room without [lighting it].” – Chris, celebrationsathomeblog.com
5. Keep the Wi-Fi code nearby. “[Guests] will ask for your wireless password. I’ve framed ours and put it on the nightstand.” – Christy, 11magnolialane.com
6. Provide a place for guests to unpack. “We have a dresser and closet in the room that guests can use. [However], if you do not have areas like this, a simple stool or place where they can set their suitcase to have easy access to their items [will do].” – Liz, lizmarieblog.com
7. Create a basket of goodies. “Fill it with extra tooth brushes, toothpaste, and pain reliever. Grab a couple [of] new fluffy white towels (or whatever color you like).” – Debbie, refreshrestyle.com
Additional items to include in the room are:
- TV with a remote control
- Full-length mirror
- Universal charger
- Pen/pencil and paper
- Waste basket
- Tray to hold keys and small items
Prepare every area of your home for guests with these simple home organization tips by busy moms.
While you are here, print or load the latest household coupons to a store loyalty program below.