Make this healthy, fresh, and easy recipe in less than 30 minutes. Enjoy the delicious flavors of basil and garlic blended for a savory shrimp dish.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 0 Minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serving Size: 4
Here is what you will need:
- 1 lb. packagedelallo orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons delallo extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ lbs. raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook orzo for al dente texture, according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat olive oil on a medium-high setting. Once hot, add garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté together for about 1 minute to the infuse oil. Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 5 minutes. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add wine to the pan and allow it to reduce by half, about 3 minutes. Next, add tomatoes and one tablespoon butter; sauté tomatoes just until skin begins to loosen. Season with basil, salt, and pepper. Add cooked orzo to the saucepan and toss together for 2 minutes to marry flavors.
For more quick and easy recipes, visit the Savings Blog.
While you are here, print or load the latest refrigerated food coupons to a store loyalty program below.