Simple strawberry fig jam recipe that is the perfect spread on toast, pancakes, and other pastries.
Prep Time: 25 Minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes | Serving Size: 6
Here is what you will need:
- 4 cups fresh figs, measured after cooking (about 5 - 6 cups fresh raw loosely packed)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, bottled
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced, heaping
- 1 cup white grape juice, less 3 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, bottled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar (granulated cane)
- 1 3⁄4 ounces no-sugar-needed pectin
- 5⁄8 ounce no-sugar-needed pectin (1/2 package)
- Place figs and 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice in a 3 quart saucepan & bring to a boil. Simmer until figs fall apart easily when stirred, about 20 minutes.
- Add strawberries to figs, along with grape juice & the 3 T lemon juice - put the 3 T lemon juice in the one cup measure then fill with grape juice to the one cup measure.
- Sprinkle the pectin into the fruits & mix well to avoid any lumps.
- Bring the fig, strawberry, juice mix to a hard boil that can't be stirred down - watch & stir to avoid scorching.
- Add the sugar & bring to a boil. Boil hard for 3 minutes & then place in hot sterilized jars.
- Lid & process 10 minutes for 1/2 pints & 15 minutes for pints.
Visit redplum.com/recipes for more delicious recipes.