The month of October is an exciting time of the year as everything from cooler temps; hay rides, apple and pumpkin orchards, and preparing for the holidays happen. It is also a great month to save on plenty of items from cookware to Halloween costumes and candy.
Here are the top five things to buy in October on sale.
- Cookware. Save on small and large cooking utensils, appliances, and bakeware. It is best to shop for last year’s models to get the best deals. Compare cost savings on Sears, Best Buy, Lowes, and Walmart.
- Patio Furniture. Coming right off of the summer season, now is the time to buy outside furniture for at least 50-70% off at stores such as Target, Wayfair, and Home Depot.
- Soups / Broths. It is the best time of the year to buy canned food items, especially soups and broths. Search for coupons in your local grocery store sales papers and e-newsletters.
- Trees / Shrubs / Perennials. October is usually the best time of the year to plant new trees, shrubs, and perennials as the temps are cooler. Also, the soil is warm enough for root development. Find amazing deals at your local nursery, Lowes, Home Depot, and other major home and garden retailers.
- Halloween costumes and candy. Major stores already have these items available. However, wait a few days before Halloween for discounted candies and outfits.
For additional savings on these products, search and use coupons. Also, learn about the rotational and seasonal sales cycles to find out what items to look for on sale to prepare ahead of time.
What are your favorite items to purchase on sale in October? Let us know on our Facebook page.