Eating better, sleeping more, and working out are essential habits to becoming healthier and living more productive lifestyles. Just doing these three things will make your feel amazing every day. However, these are not the only things to do to start living your best days.
Consider making these small adjustments to your daily routine.
1. Set your alarm to wake up 30 minutes to an hour earlier. Start your day focused without feeling like you have to rush out the door. Not only will you have more time to get ready in the morning. You can fit in a workout, meditate, or simply enjoy a cup of coffee.
2. Drink more water. It is imperative that we drink at least eight glasses of water each day to stay hydrated. Start with a cold glass of water in the morning. Then, try to remember to drink a glass of water every two hours throughout the day. Invest in a water bottle to take with you as you travel from place to place.
3. Make your bed. Doing a small task such as making the bed can give you a sense of accomplishment before doing anything else on your to-do-list.
4. Bring healthy snacks to work. Whether it is a bag of nuts, fruit, or dark chocolate. Eating foods that will help you burn calories and power through your day is better than having mid-day slumps. Need some healthy snack ideas? Here are several foods worth craving.
5. Stretch daily. A good cardio and strength workout is always a plus. However, stretching your limbs will increase your flexibility and overall performance in physical activities. Most importantly, it helps to reduce stress and move around with less pain.
6. Take a nap. Tired? Take a 30-minute power nap. You will feel restored and ready to tackle the rest of the day.
7. Read more books. Reading is another way to relax, become a better writer, inspire, and educate you. Try to read 10 pages a day. You will be surprised how quickly you can finish a book to start another one.
8. Spend time outside. Throw a ball with the dog, do a fun activity with the kids, or take a walk. Feeling the sun and enjoying the nature around you can easily improve the way you feel.
9. Smile. Because smiling is contagious and can change the way you feel, especially if you are in a bad mood.
10. Take a break from watching TV, social media, and your phone. Too much of anything is never good. Spend more time with your family, working toward your goals, or some other activity that does not involve media.
We want to hear from you. What lifestyle changes have you made to start feeling amazing every day? Let us know on our Facebook page.
While you are here, print or load the latest health & drug coupons to a store loyalty program below.